Saturday, January 12, 2013

Myosotis...

or Forget-me-not, as most of us know this sweet little flower. 

"Nefelejcs" in Hunagrian, "floare de nu mă uita" in Romanian, all with the same meaning: 
forget me not. 

To me they bring back wonderful childhood memories, happy summer vacations spent at my grandparents' mountain cottage in Szekler Land. We used to bring the water up to the cottage, in buckets, from a spring nearby, surrounded by the largest, bluest, most beautiful Forget-me-nots I have ever seen...


Of course, we usually spilled at least half of the water on our way back up, but who cared, we were always up for another trip to the spring, running and laughing and singing our hearts out...


Those were the times... :)


Would you like to share any childhood memories that inspired Your creations? I would love reading about them, so don't be shy, just leave a comment bellow!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend,

11 comments:

Palkó said...

Ezek (is) gyönyörűek!!!

unikat said...

Nagyon szépek!

Leki-Rita said...

Gyönyörűszép!
(Eddig egy bordó tetszett a legjobban, de most már ezek!)

Lee Albrecht said...

Linda História! Miosótis.. são lindos, delicados e suaves...
eu lembro as Chuva de Ouro plantada em todas as arvores da minha casa... todas floriam ao memso tempo e o quintal ficava amarelo.... mas no jardim da minha mãe ... muitas hortensias... azuis... lilás... era lindo!

Wendy said...

just stunning

IrLik said...

Very beautiful embroidery!

Nicola said...

Forgetmeknots are such happy flowers to have in your garden and they certainly spread quickly. For me it violets that bring back memories of my Nana.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

One of my favourite flowers are forget-me-nots as they are such a simple beautiful little flower with such a pretty colour. Your pendants are very lovely.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Forget Me Nots are perfect, from their name to the way they look. My grandmother's name was Viola, so I am always buying viola's every spring.
xo,
Deb

Annamari said...

Nagyon élethű és nagyon szép.

Marjolein said...

The memories you shared are truly memories to "forget not".
The pendants are lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...